COVID-19 Information and Precautions
We recognize that nursing homes and assisted living facilities are at high risk for contracting and spreading infectious diseases including COVID-19 (Coronavirus Disease 2019). Our utmost concern is for the health and well-being of each of our residents and to ensure our staff is healthy and able to continue to care for residents.
We continue to take cautionary measures and follow CDC guidelines. We are also receiving information from state and local officials. Please review this information and see the precautions we are taking to protect against COVID-19.
The measures we are taking include:
- Clear and constant communication with staff, residents, and visitors
- Posting signs and reminders at the facility
- Communicating verbal answers from staff to residents and visitors
- Posting information to our website
- Protection with our workforce includes:
- Screening employees and residents for symptoms of acute respiratory illness (fever, cough, difficulty breathing)
- Sick leave policies are non-punitive and flexible
- Encouraging sick employees to stay home and call in replacement staff
- Training and ensuring proper use of personal protective equipment (PPE)
- Protection with our residents includes:
- Separating residents who show respiratory symptoms away from others
- No field trips and activities outside the facility
- Having activities that allow residents to maintain safe distances from others
- Allowing for in-room dining reduces the risk of spreading disease
- Increasing cleaning in common areas (therapy rehabilitation area, dining area, activity area, lobby area, etc.)
- Protection of all visitors, vendors, and deliveries includes:
- We allow visitors. 2 visitors over the age of 12 in a designated visiting area. Should you not have an appointment and come to visit we will place you in the next available visiting area or offer outside visiting. No in-room visits with a roommate present. End-of-life accommodations will be made for in-room visits.
- Visitors will show proof of Covid-19 vaccination or consent to a rapid test with a negative result prior to the visit.
- All visitors will answer a screening tool for signs and symptoms of Covid-19.
- Encouraging family and friends to reach out socially (phone calls, video conferencing) to residents to help with feelings of loneliness and isolation.
We appreciate the confidence and trust you have in us to care for family members. We will keep you informed as we navigate the ongoing situation.